At Hollaway Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation in the area of labor and employment law. Our attorneys have extensive experience advising and representing clients on a wide range of employment-related matters, including those related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Older Workers Benefits Protection Act, employment contracts, and more.
We are committed to helping our clients navigate the complex laws and regulations that govern the employment relationship, and we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate and address the unique challenges and needs of our clients. Whether you are an employer seeking guidance on compliance with labor and employment laws, or an employee seeking representation in a dispute with your employer, we are here to help.
Some of the specific areas of labor and employment law that we can assist with include:
• Fair Credit Reporting Act: This law governs the use of consumer credit reports in connection with employment decisions. If you are an employer seeking guidance on compliance with the FCRA, or if you are an employee who has been the subject of an adverse employment action based on your credit report, we can help.
• Family and Medical Leave Act: This federal law provides employees with the right to take unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. If you are an employer seeking guidance on compliance with the FMLA, or if you are an employee who has been denied leave to which you are entitled, we can help.
• Older Workers Benefits Protection Act: This law prohibits age discrimination in employment and requires that employers provide older workers with the same benefits as younger workers. If you are an employer seeking guidance on compliance with the OWBPA, or if you are an older worker who has been the victim of age discrimination, we can help.
• Employment contracts: If you are an employer seeking assistance with drafting or negotiating employment contracts, or if you are an employee seeking guidance on the terms of an employment contract, we can help.
• Alternative dispute resolution: We can assist clients with the use of alternative dispute resolution (such as mediation or arbitration) in connection with at-will and/or contract employees.
• Workers' compensation: We can advise clients on the use of workers' compensation plans as alternatives to traditional workers' compensation insurance and can assist with the claims process if you have been injured on the job.
• Employee benefits: We can help employers comply with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), and can advise employees on their rights and options related to employee benefits.
At Hollaway Law Firm, we are committed to helping our clients achieve the best possible outcome in their labor and employment matters. If you are in need of legal assistance in this area, we encourage you to contact us to learn more about how we can help.